Welcome to Griffith’s Biggest Lap 2018
Over the years the event has seen increasing numbers of entrants, and this year is no different. Our route is mostly the same as last year, with one major exception- marshalling!
We have outgrown the tourist information centre car park, so we have been approved to extend the road closure to include the West Bound lane of Banna Ave from Lenehan Road to Crossing St. (Also known as Prods Straight, between J & P motorcycles and the Macca’s round-about)
Marshalling commences at 4pm,
please enter via the West Bound lane of Banna Ave adjacent to J & P Motorcycles. Our GBL marshalling team will direct where to park from there.
The Riding for the Disabled crew will be there at marshalling cooking up a nice BBQ for you to have a snack whilst you are waiting to start the lap. They will have steak sandwiches, sausages and cold drinks.
To assist with any of your questions you might have about how the event works, please see our dot point info fact sheet
- You can purchase a ticket either before the event here on the website Vehicle Ticket or on Saturday 29th September at the registration tent set up on the driveway at Rawlinson & Brown.
- If you have purchased prior to the event, either online or at a pre-registration day, please print out your entry ticket and your induction form that were emailed to you. Fill out your induction form, information must be legible and the registration details be of the vehicle you are entering.
- If you pre-registered, line up at the pre-registration line (or if you bought a vehicle ticket and merchandise line up at the pre-rego + merchandise line), hand in your form, get your entrant bag and place the sticker on the front windscreen of your vehicle. Only vehicles that display the sticker gain entry to the event.
- If you are purchasing on the day, line up in the registration line (it is helpful if you have your rego number with you to make it quicker to fill out the induction form), fill out the induction form, pay your entry fee, collect your entrant bag, attach the sticker to the front windscreen of your vehicle, and your done
- You will need to attend driver briefing around 5:45pm at the registration tent located at the Rawlinson & Brown driveway
The Biggest Lap is due to commence at 6pm!
And don’t forget to “Torque it up!”
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on any of the following:
Please note that on the day of the event, we will try and get back to you as soon as possible, but expect a delay as it is a very busy time for the committee.
As a tribute to a member of one of the local car clubs who lost a brother to cancer last week, they have asked that entrants help with spreading the word for raising funds for CanAssist by writing their loved ones name in white (removable) texta on the rear window of their car on Saturday night.